Lucknow University has launched the Karmayogi Scheme under which students can earn upto Rs. 15000 a year by doing part-time jobs at the campus.
Lucknow University (LU) has launched the ‘Karmayogi Scheme‘ which offers students part-time jobs while continuing their studies on the campus. While talking to ANI, Prof Alok Kumar Rai, vice-chancellor of LU on Tuesday said that a student can earn up to maximum Rs 15,000 in a year through the ‘Karmayogi Scheme’.
“LU has been strongly working to establish Student-centric structured framework. We have initiated the various student-centric programme. Through ‘Karmayogi Scheme’ a student would be allowed to work for a maximum of 2 hours a day for maximum 50 days in an academic session after his class hour. They will be paid Rs 150 per hour. A student can get maximum of Rs 15,000 in a year,” Rai said.
KARMAYOGI SCHEME: A NEW INITIATIVE FOR STUDENTS WELFARE
The University of Lucknow has taken a novel initiative to make students develop their skills and make themselves reliant. The university encourages the students to take up part time jobs in the campus, to support their expenditure partially under the Karmayogi Scheme.
- Make use of students’potential as a valuable human resource
- To earn while learn
- Involve students in activities of the University
- Provide work experience to students before they obtain their real jobs
- Teach students dignity of labour
- Channelize youthful energies of the students in a positive direction
- Under Karmayogi Scheme the students can be assigned various tasks as listed below in the University campus:
- Laboratories: Students may be engaged in the labs/workshops as an instructor for the purposes of handling the equipment/machinery, its upkeep and storage of equipment in Laboratories/Workshops. Senior students may be engaged in practical classes for preparing protocol hand-outs, purchase of essential laboratory accessories and to maintain stock registers and other laboratory records.
- Library: Students may be engaged in library jobs such as cataloguing, replacement of books and journals on shelves, display of books, their repair and binding.
- Office: Students may also be engaged in various office jobs like preparation of statements, compilation and analysis of data and upkeep of student and faculty records.
- Computer Centre: Students may be engaged indata entry, data management and software development jobs.
- Hostel/Mess: Students amy be engagedfor maintaining hostel records.
- Assistance to Teachers : Ph. D.studentsmay beengaged for providing assistance to the teachers in the departmental activities.
- Day Care Centre : Senior students may be involved in the activities of the Day care Centre.
- The above job descriptions are only illustrative and not exhaustive. Other jobs/areas may be added subsequently based on the feedback from university staff and students.
How to Apply
- Interested students may submit online application in the format available on the University website.
- For doing the assigned jobs the student will be paid @Rs. 150/hour and would beallowed to work for maximum 2 hours a day, subject to a ceiling of 50 days in an academic session. This ceiling on working hours ensures that jobs are not pursued at the cost of studies. The maximum amount paid to a student in any case under the Karmayogi Scheme would be Rs. 15,000/-.
- The applications would be invited from students time to time, as and when, additional help is required by the University/Institutes/Departments. The Committee would select the students on the basis of their interests, expertise (if any) and skills.
- The working hours would be before or after the regular scheduled classes.
- The committee shall make the recommendation for the selection of candidates.
- The working hours for all categories of assistants shall be evenly distributed over a period of two months.
- Enrolment register would be maintained by the concerned faculty/staff containing particulars of enrolled students and the details of the work allocated, and the actual working hours.
- The concerned faculty/staff would verify the work done and record the same on the payment voucher.
- The accounts section would maintain the entire record and submit the same for scrutiny when desired.
Stay tuned for latest govenment job, teaching jobs, research jobs and jobs related news at www.suresarkarijobs.com