UPSC civil services prelims 2020 registration: UPSC has issued an important notification for the candidates who want to apply for the Civil Services Examination 2020. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has said in the notification that interested candidates should apply as soon as possible. Do not wait for the last date for the application. The last date of application is 3 March (till 6 pm). The UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2020 notification was released on 12 February. The exam will be held on May 31, 2020.
Through this examination, officers will be selected for other All India Services including Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS) and Indian Police Service (IPS). There will be a total of 796 recruits through this. Of these, 24 vacancies are reserved for the differently-abled.
Number of posts reduced in UPSC Civil Services Examination, this year exam will be for 796 posts, posts are getting reduced from 2016
Other information related to the post, qualification and application is given further:
- Civil Service (Preliminary) Examination-2020
Expected post: 796
- Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from recognized university / institute.
- Students appearing in the final examination of Bachelor Degree course can fill the application form. Such candidates will have to provide proof of obtaining Bachelor Degree while filling the Civil Services (Main Examination) form.
- Age limit
- Minimum age is 21 years and maximum age is below 32 years as on 01 August 2020. The candidate should not have been born before 02 August 1988 and not later than 01 August 1999.
In the maximum age limit, OBC category candidates have three years relaxation, SC / ST five years and Physically Handicapped category candidates get ten years relaxation.
- Application fee
- 100 rupees. Fees will have to be paid through cash or netbanking or master card / debit card at any branch of State Bank. Payment option will be available during the online application process.
- SC, ST, Physically challenged and female candidates do not have to pay any fee.
All the applicants of UPSC Civil Services Examination first have to sit in the prelims exam. Candidates who have passed in this are called to sit in the Mains exam. One who passes in Mains reaches the interview (Personality Test). The final merit list is made on the basis of interviews and performance in the Mains exam. Men’s exam is of 1750 marks and interview is 275 marks.
- See notifications here
To see the notification, log on to the UPSC official website (www.upsc.gov.in).
- On the right side here on the homepage you will see the ‘What’s New’ section. Click on the ‘View All’ link in it.
- After this new webpage will open. Here is the link for Exam Notification: Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination, 2020. Click on it.
- Now click on the link here under the title ‘Documents’. After doing this, the advertisement related to the post will be downloaded. Read it carefully and check your eligibility.
- Special dates
- Last date for online application and fee payment
03 March 2020 (till 6 pm)
- Probable Date of Civil Services Preliminary Examination: 31 May 2020
- Indian Administrative Services (IAS), Indian Police Services (IPS) and Indian Foreign Services (IFS), Railway Group A (Indian Railway Accounts Service), Indian Postal Services, Indian Postal Service, Indian Trade Services through UPSC Civil Services. Other services are selected.
- Students of Jammu and Kashmir will not get maximum age relaxation in the Civil Services Examination 2020 of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Till last year, between 1980 and 1989, those holding the original residence certificate of Jammu and Kashmir were allowed a maximum age of five years. In the maximum age, the relaxation of five years for the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes candidates as before and three years for the Other Backward Classes will continue.
- More information here
Website: www.upsc.gov.in, www.upsconline.nic.in