National Institute of Electronics and Information Technology, Calicut has sought applications to fill the posts of Scientist-B and Scientist / Technical Assistant. Under this, appointments for a total of 495 posts will be made in the National Information Center. This includes 288 posts of Scientist-B and 207 posts of Scientist / Technical Assistant. Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for these posts. The last date to apply is 26 March 2020. Read below for more information related to vacancies:
Scientist ‘B’ (Group-‘A ‘), Total Posts: 288 (Unreserved: 119)
Qualification: BE / in the subject of Electronics / Electronics & Communication / Computer Science / Communication / Computer & Networking Security / Computer Application / Software System / Information Technology / Information Technology Management / Informatics / Computer Management / Cyber Law / Electronics & Instrumentation from recognized institute. B. Tech degree. or
SSC / MCA in Science subject / ME / MTech / MPhil degree in above subject.
Pay Scale: Rs 56,100 to Rs 1,77,500.
Scientific / Technical Assistant ‘A’, Post: 207 (Unreserved: 86)
Qualification: MSc / MS / MCA degree or BE / B.Tech degree in Electronics / Computer Science / Electronics & Communication / Electronics & Telecommunication / Computer & Network Security / Software Systems / Information Technology / Management / Informatics subject.
Pay Scale: Rs 35,400 to Rs 11,2400.
Age limit (above post): Maximum 30 years. It will be calculated on 26 March 2020.
Eligible candidates will be selected through written test / interview.
- The written examination will be of OMR based multiple choice questions. In which 65% questions will be asked from technical area and 35% questions will be from generic area.
- Total 120 questions will be asked in the exam. To pass the exam, it is mandatory to get 50% marks for general and EWS category, 40% for OBC class and 30% for SC / ST candidates.
- Candidates who clear the written examination will be called for interview.
- Candidates who are selected for interview will be called on the mobile number or email ID entered by them.
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Gangtok, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Imphal, Jammu, Jaipur, Kohima, Kolkata, Leh, Lucknow, Mumbai, Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi Thiruvananthapuram, Shillong, Visakhapatnam
Application fee :
- Rs 800 for General / OBC candidates. SC / ST / Divyang and women will not have to pay any fee.
- The fee has to be paid through online mode.
Application Process :
- You have to login on the Institute website (www.nielit.gov.in). When the homepage opens, click on the recruitment option above.
- A new webpage will open as soon as clicked. Here, click on the link Recruitment for Scientist – ‘B’ and Scientific / Technical Assistant – ‘A’ posts in NIC on Direct Recruitment Basis (Advt. No. NIELIT / NIC / 2020/1.
- Click on the detailed advertisement link next to serial number 1 on the new webpage that opens. After doing this, advertisement related to vacancies will open. Read it and check your eligibility according to the posts.
- Now complete the online application process as per the guidelines given in the advertisement. Take a printout of the successfully submitted application on A4 size paper and keep it safe with you.
Last date for online application: 26 March 2020
More information here